10 Tips To Be An Excellent Event Planner
There are a lot of tips to become the best event planner. However, to become an excellent event planner, you’ll have to pay attention to the fine details and offer the best to your clients, which can take a lot of your time and effort.
1. One of the most important tips is that you need to get in contact with some of the best supplies. It is very important to have a business contract and connection with a lot of suppliers so that you can offer the best service to your clients. When you have the best suppliers; you’ll have an excellent reputation.
2. Always give options to your clients. Have at least a dozen venders that you work with on a regular basis so that your clients have a few options to choose from. When you give your clients options they will feel more involved in the planning process.
3. Think about what kind of events you will plan. They can be those small dinners to huge weddings, so you’ll need to come up with creative ways to bring life to a party. There are going to be a lot of signatures styles, but if you continuously research then you can keep up on trends and event activities.
4. When doing a wedding that is multicultural, you need to learn about what your clients want to be the cultures that should be present in the wedding. This will give you a better understanding of the traditions that they want to honor.
5. Think about your location of business. Is your office somewhere in a respectable place or in the ghetto? You need to make sure that your clients are comfortable being in your office. This way you can have more clients to come visit you.
6. Learn how to communicate effectively. Communication is very important for an event planner. You need to know what is acceptable and what is not by reviewing your entire client’s detail. Always keep in mind that the party is about them and not about you. Listen to your client’s needs and wants even if you think something is placed in a wrong place.
7. Enhance your reputation by keeping ties with the clients who were pleased by your performance. You can use them as your references, but always ask permission before using out any information. This way you can give future clients an idea of your quality.
8. Ask your clients if you can take general pictures of the event. This way, so future clients will be able to see what exactly you are capable of doing. This is will make a lot of people hire you on the spot.
9. Communicate effectively with your suppliers and clients. Talk to the client and set a budget before contacting any of your suppliers. You can offer the best possible solutions and ideas within a budget. There are only two things that matter and that is the design and cost of an event. If you can pull off an extraordinary event within a budget, then you will be recommended to everyone.
10. Finally, have a personality that allows you to interact with others and really hear what they want. Your personality and the way you handle things makes a huge difference in being a successful event coordinator or an okay planner. You need to have the strength to handle everything with a collective attitude, as well as, make the planning process fun for your clients.